Organizations Utilizing AI
1. According to Adobe’s findings, 47% of organizations that are ‘digitally matured’ have a defined AI strategy.
( cmo.adobe.com )
As artificial intelligence matures, it is becoming an imperative for businesses especially those who want to maintain a competitive edge. In fact, IBM has developed a machine learning platform that allows you to integrate AI into business processes. Building a chatbot for customer support for instance. Business like Big Four Auditor, Bradesco and KPMG are some of its biggest customers.
2. According to an AI Statista study done in 2017, as many as 84% business organizations across the world believe that AI will provide them with a competitive edge. ( forbes.com )
84% of business organizations will only opt for AI because it will give them a competitive edge over their competitors.
3. 48% of the enterprises say that by 2020 they are likely to increase their budget for AI in cybersecurity at least by an average of 29%. ( forbes.com )
And why not? With the advancement in technology, the attacks are most likely to become stronger. Why not prepare for adversary before it takes place and raise their security bar?
4. Disney is also using AI to improve movie quality and enhance viewer experience ( emerj.com )
It teamed up with Pixar Animation and University of California, Santa Barbara to remove image noise in films. The film used to train the deep learning model to make film noise free was ‘Finding Dory’.
5. The AI-enabled Chef Watson from IBM helps create new recipes and suggests users food combinations to create new and unique flavors. ( ibm.com )
AI and humans working hand-in-hand can create and achieve a lot more in the kitchen than working alone.
6. Gartner has predicted that the business value derived from AI will reach a maximum of $3.9T by 2022. ( forbes.com )
According to Gartner’s forecast AI will have a colossal impact in many sectors, including retail. In fact, it adds that about 20% of the companies will have its employees allocated to monitoring and guiding neural networks.
7. According to IDC, by 2022 the global spending on cognitive and Artificial Intelligence systems is predicted to reach a whopping $77.6B. ( forbes.com )
A further proof of AI’s ascent in the near future. Most of the spending is forecasted to be driven by retail, government industries and professional services etc.
8. By 2020, in Marketing and Sales, both Artificial Intelligence and machine learning are expected to rise to a value of $2.6T (in value) and at least $2T in manufacturing and supply chain planning. ( forbes.com )
With AI’s out-of-the-box potential marketers can go from reactive to proactive. Brands like Amazon and Starbucks are leveraging AI to derive more sales and connect more deeply with their customers.
9. Amazon has an AI Management Strategy called ‘The Flywheel’. ( forbes.com )
Yes, your favourite online store is no stranger to Artificial Intelligence. Here’s how it works, it stores energy when a machine isn’t operating constantly. Instead of wasting energy on turning it on and off, the flywheel keeps the energy constant and spreads it to other areas of the machine.
10. According to three Chinese researchers, Google’s AI is much smarter than Siri’s. ( businessinsider.com )
Three Chinese researchers conducted a research comparing the smarts of different AI systems.The trio including the Executive Deputy Director of the Chinese Academy of Sciences’ Research Center on Fictitious Economy and Data Science Yong Shi, said that in 2016 Google’s AI had an IQ of 47.28. It was ahead of the Chinese search engine Baidu (32.92) and Microsoft’s Bing (31.98) and had double the IQ of Siri (23.94).
However, none of these systems could beat a 6-year-old with an IQ of 55.5!
11. Self-driving AI car market is expected to be worth $127 billion worldwide by 2027. ( fool.com )
NVIDIA for instance has built its own computer powered by the company’s AI and GPU, called the Drive PX Pegasus, especially for self-driving cars.
AI Influencing Healthcare
1. According to Accenture data, the AI healthcare market is expected to hit $6.6 billion by 2021. ( businessnewsdaily.com )
As far as the clinical health AI apps are concerned, by 2026 they will help generate $150 billion in annual savings.
2. Researchers from Naval Medical Center San Diego and Google AI at Google have created an AI-based algorithm that can identify metastatic breast cancer with a 99 percent precision. ( venturebeat.com )
Human pathologists aren’t that accurate as of present. According to a recent assessment they can’t spot small metastases on individual slides about 62% of the time.
3. An algorithm detected the Ebola outbreak a week before it was announced by the World Health Organization (WHO).
( newsweek.com )
This could save lives without causing any casualties in future.
4. Researchers at MIT have built an algorithm that can detect depression. ( news.mit.edu )
Although depression doesn’t exactly require an algorithm to diagnose it, this could mean that patients wouldn’t have to relive trauma and experience the pain again when answering a therapist’s questions.
5. DeepMind’s AI can identify over 50 eye diseases as accurately as any optometrist. ( theverge.com )
AI is gradually perfecting over time and is learning to diagnose diseases as well as doctors.
6. A research by Accenture shows that effective use of AI can help reduce medical dosage errors. ( accenture.com )
Dosage errors are one of the main reasons behind unanticipated preventable deaths. This could not only save lives but also save around $16 billion for the healthcare sector by 2026!
Potential & Growth of AI
1. Many top scientists and technologists like Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk and Bill Gates aren’t very fond of AI. They believe it is a very dangerous threat to humanity. ( cnbc.com )
Which is legit as AI improves with human interaction and information it processes. From what we have learnt from the films like Terminator (Remember Skynet?), this technology will eventually lead to our own doom.
2. The EU fearing over data privacy has compiled a draft of “ethical guidelines for Artificial Intelligence”. ( gartner.com )
The document emphasizes on points like how developers should ensure that their AI will be familiar with the basic human rights.
3. According to IDC findings robot imports around the world increased from about 100,000 in 2000 to a ballpark of 250,000 in 2015. By 2020 there will be more than 1.7 million new industrial robots installed in factories across the globe. ( forbes.com )
The future is machines and sounds efficient as robots proffer precision in work.
4. Experts in different parts of the world claim that within the next 10 years, AI is likely to usurp more than 16% of our current jobs. ( futurism.com )
While this sounds distressing, don’t worry as this era is most likely to create a new set of jobs.
5. While AI isn’t a novelty at present, only 33% of consumers know that they’re already using AI in one form or another.
( ventureharbour.com )
In actual, 77% have used or use AI-powered services.
6. At least 97% of smartphone users have already used or are using AI-powered voice assistants. ( ventureharbour.com )
A study by Creative Strategies suggests that only 2% of iPhone haven’t used Siri. Only 4% of Android users have never used OK Google. As many as 51% use AI voice assistant in the transport during travel, 1.3% at work and 6% in public.
7. As many as 40% of people use voice search feature at least once a day. ( edit.co.uk )
The percentage clarifies how voice search is slowly becoming a part of our everyday lives.
8. By 2020, at least 30% of web searching and browsing will be conducted without a screen. ( gartner.com )
AI statistics by Gartner show that the voice-first interaction will soon become a commonality. Almost half of the Americans already use voice assistants.
9. A 2017 Pew Research study has revealed that around 46% of Americans use voice assistants to interact with their mobile phones or other devices. ( pewresearch.org )
42% of users use voice assistants on their smartphones, 14% use voice assistant on a tablet or computer, while 8% use it on a standalone device.
10. In the 2017 U.S. Open Tennis Championships, the IBM Watson Media implemented its AI tool to showcase game highlights right after their occurrence. ( emerj.com )
The highlights were assessed by the AI tool based on match analysis, crowd cheering, players’ gestures and overall excitement.
Cyber Security with AI
1. As many as 69% of business organizations believe AI is imperative to tackle cyberattacks. ( globenewswire.com )
Around 80% of the telecom companies say they rely on AI to detect threats and prevent attacks.
2. Many firms are reinforcing their cybersecurity with AI. ( capgemini.com )
Because as many as two-thirds of the firms think they can not detect or thwart critical threats without AI. In fact, the adoption rate of AI in cybersecurity is increasing.
3. 64% of the organizations have said that AI reduces the cost involved in spotting threats, breaches and total time involved by 12%. ( forbes.com )
This reduction in costs ranges between 1% – 15%.
4. According to Forbes’ analysis, based on Capgemini’s report, malware detection, fraud detection, scoring risk in a network, intrusion detection and user/machine behavioral analysis are the five highest AI use cases for improving cybersecurity.
( forbes.com )
According to Forbes, 54% of enterprises have already enacted these five high impact cases.
5. 61% of enterprises claim they cannot thwart breach attempts without AI technologies. ( forbes.com )
Cyber-attacks have leveled up over the years from standard threats to complex threats. AI will help prevent such security failures.
While artificial intelligence is soon to become a normal part of our lives, the researchers, even common people at present are split between optimists and pessimists. The optimists believe that one day AI will be able to help us solve every problem.The pessimists on the other hand believe that the slightest slip could fuel our very destruction and anyone who has seen Terminator would certainly think so.
However, it all boils down to how we choose to leverage this technology. AI couldn’t go evil on its on!
Need something more thorough?
Download our free ebook to get a better understanding of how AI works en masse with technologies like 5G, AR/VR and how it progresses and improves healthcare, business, marketing and retail, customer service and experience etc.
Get Free Ebook